Nursing student involved in gas explosion dies – Daily Post Nigeria
100-level student of Benue State School of Nursing and Midwifery, Stella Mekiah who has been battling to stay alive after a gas explosion in the school in July has died.
Recall that Stella Mekiah and her hostel mates narrowly escaped death on Tuesday, July 18th after gas explosion rocked the Benue State School of Nursing and Midwifery in Makurdi.
The principal of the school, Mrs Victoria Gusa, had earlier told newsmen that the incident occurred while Mekiah was cooking in her room in the hostel.
According to the principal, the explosion occurred at the third floor of the hostel and was caused by a faulty gas cylinder.
Makiah who suffered severe burnt and was receiving treatment at the intensive unit of the Federal Medical Center, Apir died in the early hours of Tuesday.